purple.light

the organised chaos

Looks


Listens

Train

Portishead

Radiohead

Virgin Radio

Norah Jones

Leona Naess

Music From The O.C


Reads

UU

Yenew

Ah Ren

Brownie

Pzinker

Xiaoming

Joicie Woicie

Lester's Blog

Portrait of a girl

Lefire @ Xanga

Monoceros Weblogs

The Rude Popartgirl

Ashley's Orange Box

Felicia's Pandora Box

The Redhead Wore Crimson


Ramblings

August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004

Site Feed

Sunday, January 18, 2004


I want to be Dorian Grey 

After a weekend of chalet, the thought of going back to school on Monday (for a 9.30am class, no less) sounds dreary. And since I haven't slept well for the past two nights, Monday sounds doubly dreadful.

This weekend flew by so fast, especially today. I think when I grow old, the thing that I would miss most is being young. Today has been so fun, so reminiscent of youth. Even though we were all exhausted, we went ghost-hunting (AKA looking for trouble), drove around aimlessly trying to decide on where to go, decided to go look for trouble again and then rounded up a very eventful day at Starbucks. As Jane said, the last time we did nothing like that was eons ago. We were all so bogged down by life and work that unconsciously, we stopped doing what we used to do.

Even though I didn't contribute much in a sense, it felt really good to just go with the flow and do things which had no logic, which seems nonsensical, which adults would frown upon. Going to explore the old Changi hospital and cruising around in car with no sense of purpose is not exactly the most practical thing to do.

I may not say this often enough but I really do enjoy the company of my zany friends. It's pretty funny to sit in the car and hear some weirdos name Skunk and Wayne wail to the songs blasting from the stereo, to hear Jane giggling hysterically for no rhyme and reason, to listen to Bralala sing the lyrics wrongly (not today though), to just bounce on our bottoms and sing loudly to the songs.

And then as we were at Starbucks, we came up with weird names that our kids (if we ever get married and have any) would hate us eternally for. Some of the options include:
Kong Ghim Li
Orc Tan
Tan Ah Wen
Aragorn Kong (sounds like Aragorn gone wrong)
Mango Tan
Tan U 2
Very/Super/Supra Long (guess who came up with this lamer)

But anyway, instead of focusing on how crappy my Monday is going to be (with two back-to-back tuition sessions), I shall have my warm memories to bring me through the day. We are still so young, we have long roads to go. Hopefully, when we are all old and weary, we will still retain this sense to youthful enthusiasm and optimism, instead of being cynical and sour.

And as Andrea Corr sings,
We are chasing the moon
Just running wild and free
We are following through
Every dream, and every need

And it doesn't really matter if we don't eat*
And it doesn't really matter if we never sleep
No it doesn't really matter, really doesn't matter at all

Cos we are so young now, we are so young, so young now
And when tomorrow comes, we can do it all again



Thank you, my friends.


*Although I think it DOES matter if we don't eat

yAnn at 1/18/2004 10:27:00 PM

"Compared with me, a tree is immortal;

And a flowerhead not tall, but more startling

And I want one's longevity and the other's daring."

-- Sylvia Plath's "I am Vertical"