purple.light

the organised chaos

Looks


Listens

Train

Portishead

Radiohead

Virgin Radio

Norah Jones

Leona Naess

Music From The O.C


Reads

UU

Yenew

Ah Ren

Brownie

Pzinker

Xiaoming

Joicie Woicie

Lester's Blog

Portrait of a girl

Lefire @ Xanga

Monoceros Weblogs

The Rude Popartgirl

Ashley's Orange Box

Felicia's Pandora Box

The Redhead Wore Crimson


Ramblings

August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004

Site Feed

Monday, November 03, 2003


Big Apples don't agree with me 

I think I have bad karma with computers.
As much as I love my baby, I am beginning to get the hint that my baby doesn't exactly love me.

Recall the fiasco that happened a month back, when I updated my OS to 10.2.8 AND my Stuffit 8.0, it died on me. Literally died on me, as if it could never revive again. Thankfully, it did and I thought that with all the repair and subsequent tender loving care, my baby would be satisfied and run smoothly like the engines of a Beemer 7-series.

But no, the Apple's problems manifested today, when I tried to upgrade my Jaguar to a Panther. It wouldn't install.

I kept getting error messages when I was running the disc, when the installation CD was preparing the disk and checking target volume. It stopped halfway and told me to try again. And I did. Again and again. And I kept getting the same message.

Next, I tried to repair the disk. No go here. It stopped halfway and told me that disk repair failed.

Basically, according to a reliable source of information here (hell, he saved my baby the other time, he is as reliable as my nose getting all cranky in the mornings), my hard disk drive seems to be malfunctioning.

And my first reaction is, What the hell did I do?
And the next, I have no money to buy a new one.
And then, Why didn't I get a Super Drive instead of a Combo Drive the other time? That way, I wouldn't have such a hard time backing up my data.

I thought Apples were supposed to be resilient and reliable.

So did I get the short end of the stick or what?

yAnn at 11/03/2003 12:30:00 AM

"Compared with me, a tree is immortal;

And a flowerhead not tall, but more startling

And I want one's longevity and the other's daring."

-- Sylvia Plath's "I am Vertical"